About this Policy:
Tree Research Limited aims to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information in accordance with data protection law. Your information is used primarily to provide and improve our customer services to you.
This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons about whom Tree Research Ltd holds information.
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means Tree Research Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with No. 5561374, and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- Information about you that you give us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or by filling in forms on our site treeresearch.co.uk (the Contact form or signing up to our mailing list.
How we collect information about you:
We collect information that you give us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or by filling in forms on our site treeresearch.co.uk (the Contact form or signing up to our mailing list.
What we do with the information we gather:
We use your information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you, improve and enhance our online services and keep our site safe and secure, comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- provide information about our services which we believe may be of interest to you;
- keep you informed about projects, news, exhibitions and events that we think you may find interesting.
Legal basis for processing:
Our processing of your personal information is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us, for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts or in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Tree Research business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information:
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you,
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent),
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your personal data,
- to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances,
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances, and
- to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about Tree Research’s news and updates. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, us at email@example.com.
We will action any opt-out request from you without delay.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policy:
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
How to contact us:
Tree Research Ltd, Hatherley Cottage, Cold Ashton, Chippenham, Wilts, SN14 8JU